Friday, October 29, 2010

Casual Friday

Today my boss is not in town and I am therefore not required to dress in business attire.  I'm not someone who doesn't like to get dressed up, however.  I actually really like it and before I started my job on Parliament Hill I dreamt of the day I would have a job that facilitated my love for pencil skirts, blazers and heels.  Today I took full advantage of a dress down day, however.  I have plans for after work to check out Ottawa Fashion Week shows.  Because the shows start at 6pm and because my work is so close to the venue, I am not going home in between.  This meant when I stumbled out of bed this morning, already SUPER late, I had to make an executive decision about what I was wearing later on.  Fast forward to me now EXTREMELY late, I literally threw on jeans and a sweater, and with no makeup and my hair in a wild bun, I sprinted to work holding two massive bags of everything I need to get ready later.  There’s something about not wearing ANY makeup that makes me feel so vulnerable.  I hate to say it, because I’m not really dependant on any substance to be happy and have even recently cut out coffee (I miss the taste but it was wreaking havoc on my skin), but I would have to say that makeup is probably the one thing that when I don’t have it on, I am not myself.  This might come as a surprise to some of my friends because I don’t exactly go heavy on the eye makeup or anything, but I absolutely cannot deal with not having at the very least a good coat of foundation and eyebrow pencil.  I don’t even need the mascara…honestly.  My general rule is everyone should be allowed 2 vices.  Mine are vodka and occasionally tanning ( I KNOW, don't hassle me, I'm not even close to an orange-like shade).  I realise now I might have broken my own rule...and I'm not giving up martinis.

xo Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment