Friday, December 3, 2010

Amber's Spring 2011 RTW (Really Truly Want)

I've said before that I get more inspiration from street style looks, as captured by clever photographers/bloggers.  I like it because it shows the aptitude of the wearer for combining several trends and labels together in a unique, individual way.  I think it takes skill to be stylish when you are not necessarily involved in the fashion industry. 

However, that's not to say that I don't like a good runway show.  I have compiled my favourite looks from the Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear shows into a sort of "You're dreaming, Amber" list.

Work: 

Valentino 

I love both of these ensembles from Valentino's runway show oh so much.  The first is a classic-cut, tailored creme skirt suit.  High waists really suit me because I have a freakishly long torso for the proportions of my body and so the waist would hit at the perfect level to even me out.

The blush hues are still going to be huge this spring, which are surprisingly great for most skin tones.  I love the sheer details combined with a conservative cut.  It's unexpectedly sexy while still being completely work-appropriate.


Play:

Balmain

Ummmm, dying.  I already have a perfect white blazer but omg these pants.  I'm not even sure if it would be good ENOUGH to buy silver American Apparel  leggings and call it a day...I'm fairly certain I need these EXACT pants, which is completely out of the question.  Alright, I'll try AA.  Sigh.


Zac Posen
SO hot...I wonder if I have the guts to wear this or if it would sit in my closet with the tags on...I think I would have to find a slip of some sort to wear under the skirt.  Or have a few glasses of liquid courage and make a break for it when I stop noticing I'm about to go out in my underwear.

Evening

Vera Wang

I don't care what anyone says, I've always loved deliberately showing my bra.  Helps that I have no chest, so I feel like it doesn't look completely inappropriate...although I'm sure some of my friends have silently disagreed.

Lanvin


How airy and forgiving!  Imagine the buffet of a dinner you could eat and still look fabulous?!  Would  be perfect for bringing on vacation too...love!  (Call me crazy, but I'd probably wear a bra with it though, geez.)

Casual/Weekend:
Ralph Lauren

I am a sucker for a white eyelet fabric and this one would perfectly replace my white eyelet dress I had held on to since 2007 that after this year I had to let go...I miss it already and it's not even nearly Spring yet.

I felt like Ralph Lauren really nailed it in this collection.  There were a few over-the-top country outfits, but that was the point and the pieces worn separately would be gorgeous.  This one above is perfect as is.



The Maxi Dress:
(Casual)
Ralph Lauren, again 

So flowy and summery. I feel like it would move like a dream and I love the belt.  I think there's also a slit up the front that adds a nice flirtation and keeps the skirt from looking too heavy.  The bare shoulders and low neckline would keep the wearer nice and cool even in intense heat.  Throw on a worn in jean jacket overtop at night time...perfection.

(Cocktail)
Valentino, again

Usually with maxi dresses, I need the top to be minimal so that I don't feel so Victorian, but this one was a pleasant surprise.  I love all the sheer, especially the panels right up the side of the leg, which kept it from looking like a marmy house dress.  I would add red lips and nails.  Nude high heels keep the attention on the dress.


Best overall collection for Spring (in my humble opinion): 

Hermès

Jean Paul Gaultier certainly knows how to make an entrance...and an exit.  For his (final) Spring 2011 collection for Hermès, Gaultier highlighted the fashion house's equestrian pedigree, with leather bustiers, tailored jackets and ultra stylish riding gear. Horses and riders pranced behind models in broad-brimmed hats and brandishing riding crops while wearing those perfect riding boots that everyone wants.  The collection managed to be daytime casual and nighttime sensual all at once.  I love.
 







 
The Accessory:

Alexander McQueen
This clutch clearly needs to be in my hand RIGHT NOW.  I don't want to insult you with my reasons for loving it, because it's just too obvious...just LOOK at it!!  I'm not sure if this is even from a Spring 2011 collection, but to me this is seasonless.

I'd like to use a song title to illustrate my hopefulness that in the future these beautiful items, or some like them, will eventually be hanging in my closet: 
One Sweet Day. 
Mariah has always understood me.

xo Amber

4 comments:

  1. Hey Amber

    I just discovered your blog! great images from s/s 11, the zac posen dress is hottt!

    I'm officially following now!

    x
    daretounravel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's an awesome clutch! too bad it's completely out of my budget. Always a fan of RL, Love how casual yet chic outfits they have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm. after seeing that hermes shot, methinks my spring accessory will be a cognac colored riding crop. yes it will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love Valentino! And you're right, I RTW Too!

    xox

    ReplyDelete