Friday, December 17, 2010

Frock around the Christmas Tree!

The holiday party season is upon us in full force!  I've already been to my work Christmas Party and have two more this weekend.  For our party on Wednesday, I wore one of the items I found at the Abbotsford Bazaar I posted about a while ago.  It's an 80s-style black dress gold stitching in a pin stripe pattern on the bodice and sleeves.  I had it tailored shorter so that it was more of a party dress and less of a marmy dress, and I absolutely love it.  Here's a pic of me (right) with my friend Jenn and my boyfriend Tyler...too bad it's not a full-length shot, because the skirt has really nice pleating, but oh well!




If anybody is still scrambling to find an interesting dress for a holiday party, including New Year's Eve, I have a few suggestions for dresses and outfits that I found online.  I only searched for items available in Canada (and mostly in Ottawa), since it's really not helpful to look at items from the UK or even the US that can't be bought anywhere nearby.

BCBG:

This dress is simple but super hot and can be dressed up or down, depending on the level of fancy the party will  be.

This is just gorgeous...it would be perfect for a NYE gala in a grand hall somewhere.


Zara:
My heart aches for this dress.  My little friend works at Zara in Ottawa and she informed me that this dress is not being ordered in at the store here...what a freaking bummer.  I love the simplicity of the cut, with the pop of colour...I think this colour of red is THE colour of red I am always searching for but usually looks really cheap, regardless of the quality of workmanship.  The thicker material and classic cut bodice prevents that from happening and the short tulip skirt is adorable.

I love a woman in a tuxedo.  There's something really sexy about this entire look...instead of looking boyish, the way it is styled actually manages to accentuate her femininity.  I love it.


Aritzia:
The perfect sparkly dress....I love the rosey hue and the drape would be very flattering for most body types.  The silouette is very no-fuss, but the sequin makes it festive.

I love this 20s style lace dress.  I would wear this with pin curls, red lips and champagne.

Worth mentioning:  H&M, Road Trip and Club Monaco also have lots of sparkly dresses and separates..couldn't get any great photos online to show you, but I've wandered into CM recently and wanted everything.  Def worth checking out!

Happy Holidays and Champagne Cheers everyone! 

xo Amber

2 comments:

  1. Love it. I must one day own a long velvet jacket so I can create that look up there. My tom-boy side LOVES that.

    ReplyDelete