Monday, March 21, 2011

Obligatory post-OFW entry

First, a look at some pics of Days 1 and 2:


Day 1:  My friend Sarah and I.  My hand looks a little claw-like...sort of scared of it right now.
Vintage fur stole and blouse, American Apparel skirt, Betsey Johnson belt.




Day 2:  Rocking a 'coon tail earring by Pica Jewellery.  Velvet blazer by Guess, vintage bustier, leather skirt by H&M, Ruby X tights and my go-to Steve Madden black peep toe pumps.  Clutch and bangle by Aldo and watch by Michael Kors.  Hair by spazz case.



Day 3:  Shoe love. Mine (left) by Aldo.  Sarah's by Betsey Johnson.


I joked around on Facebook about how I cannot believe people are capable of surviving an entire fashion week (since Ottawa's is a three day affair, and not seven.  Yet.  I assume that is the end goal here, oui?).  On second thought, I wonder if maybe seven days would allow for some more freedom and less pressure to narrow it down to three outfits.  My issue is not that I don't have clothing.  My issue is that I have too much, and trying to choose an outfit is kind of like choosing your favourite child...because even if one kid is way easier to get along with, you love your moody, difficult, awkward kid just as much for being so different.  Leaving my (disaster of a) room, knowing I had left behind so many great ensembles was torturous!  If I had four more days, I could have left with a smile on my face because we would be reunited again on Wednesday!  Or Thursday!  Also, I believe that people who attend full fashion weeks probably don't drink that much.  I mean, a few glasses of vino is one thing...however I was so in the mood to just DO SOMETHING Saturday night (literally all dressed up-nowhere to go) with my friends, and the shows ended at such an awkward time, that I actually got dropped off downtown by myself to find something to do.  Literally.  By myself.  The night ended up being super fun, when I met up with some friends shortly after, but when you don't eat a proper dinner until 11pm, the damage is done. 

Sunday I spent the day trying to bounce back-thinking I had-nope, wrong, back to feeling like death-Booster Juice, yes!  Back on track!  Oh god, I don't think I can make it....and on and on.  I almost had a fit in my underwear trying to find something to wear-oh, sorry, trying to choose what to wear-I felt like my 3am poutine gorgefest had ruined all possible outfits that weren't mumus.  Finally, I went with a go-to white bf blazer, JBrand jeans (PS. all jeans are too tight the day after.  These are already tight.), a plain white T and accessorized with Pica red feather earrings, a vintage clutch and red peep toe stilettos.  It was sort of my version of a Balmain S/S RTW look I love.   Sorry, I would have posted a picture of said look, but honestly I could barely form coherent sentences.  I made it to the shows, I waited in the endless lineups, I smiled, I wished I had brought my eye cream, I didn't spill anything on the white, I clapped, I trotted around in my heels, and I didn't eat my purse despite immense and imminent hunger that struck like clockwork at 8pm.  Seriously, read it:  I am NOT one of those people who can function well when hungry.  I like to eat, often!  Yes, I had lunch but it was late, so no, I am NOT hungry at 5pm before the shows, but I am at around 7:30 like a normal human being.  I would love a sandwich at said time, please and thank you.  That sandwich could be $20 and I would buy it.  It would really help me with my ability to communicate, ie. vocabulary.  Thank you and you're welcome OFW for a heads up on more ways to squeeze money out of people.

xo Amber

PS.  I'm going to do another post with my fave looks from the weekend, but am waiting on my photog friend to provide the shots.  From my 5th row aisle vantage point, I was able to appreciate hair, makeup and possibly the clavicle of the models, depending on their height.

4 comments:

  1. it's so much fun to read your posts. glad you had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure why they didn't elevate the runway like the previous year. I hope the chick infront of you had a very nice back of the head to look at :(

    I also enjoyed the Disneyland line up after the intermission, except it wasn't as fun as I have never gotten kicked out of my seat in the middle of a splash mountain ride. And you should know that more in ticket price doesn't convert into hors d'oeuvres, fashion people "don't eat"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your analogy to choose clothing is like choosing a child haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha this just brightened my day!

    ReplyDelete