Friday, February 11, 2011

Predator vs. Prey

Several years ago, I was in Montreal with a few friends for the Britney Spears Circus concert tour.  We were all getting ready to go out and my friend Alex, who loves animal print anything, asked "is ok to mix predator with prey?".  I honestly do not think we stopped laughing about that for the rest of the weekend and I STILL quote it to this day.  I cannot even remember what the verdict was...I just know that I see nothing wrong with it myself.  Frankly, it's somewhat symbolic.  Remember in the Lion King when Mufasa explains the Circle of Life to Simba- how lions and antelope live together in harmony with one balancing the other?  How fitting, then, to have my giraffe print belt hold up my leopard print skirt.

Sorry I have the worst backgrounds of life for my photos...those of you with a patient and understanding photographer, I hope you appreciate it.

Shirt and belt - H&M
Shoes - Steve Madden
Skirt - Winners
Watch - Michael Kors
Necklace - vintage
Bracelet - Aldo
Tights - Zellers 


Sing it with me now:
"Maaaaaatsebenyaaaaabababeeetubabo..situnuuuuwenyamaaa.
MAAAAAAtsebenyababaBEEEtubabo..situnuuuwenyabaaaaaaa...hagabaaa...
It's the CIR-cleeeee, the CIR-cle of-a-LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE!"  BOOM!
Elton...you complete my circle of life.

xo Amber 

PS. Going to TO this weekend!  Tomorrow I meet with someone who may be able to help me manufacture my designs!  Wish me luck :)

6 comments:

  1. Good luck my dear... love your outfits as alwaayyssss and your background life in the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its always to mix predator and prey. (ha! I may use that one!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to give props where props are due. It was actually Kate who is the mastermind behind Predator Vs. Prey. I was just inquiring whether it was overkill to wear Zebra leggings with a leopard coat (like moderation, Alex, MODERATION!). The verdict was, yes, it is overkill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha, was that really the verdict? i feel like amber is pulling this off nicely. maybe zebra leggings and leopard coat are the exception to the p.v.p. dynamic. all i remember is that it was a HILARIOUS night.

    good luck amber! i hope your meeting goes really well! see you TOMOR-RRRRRRROWWWWW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it. Personally, I could not pull off that look, but looks great on you!

    Good luck in T-Dot this weekend!!

    ~ A

    ReplyDelete
  6. The jungle combo is working for you. If this quote if from the alex i think its from, make this post even funnier! Ha! Gotta love outfit choices that come with an anecdote. x

    ReplyDelete