Monday, February 14, 2011

Queen of Hearts

Today's accessories:





Hairband:  Aldo
Ring:  gifted
Tights: H & M
Shoes:  Some reeeeeallllly inexpensive store in Cancun
Don't you just love my ghetto Blackberry pics?  Pixels, how I miss you in my life.

Today's soundtrack:
Maroon 5-She Will Be Loved.  Takes me to a different place in my life.
Justin Timberlake - My Love.  He's hot.  Whatever.
Katy Perry - Teenage Dream.  How everyone wants to feel in their relationship.
Gwen Stefani - 4 in the Morning.  I would kill a person for her hair.  Also, she says everything I have ever thought.

This weekend was so great!  I went to Toronto to visit my best friend who lives in the Beaches/Leslieville area of town, which is really beautiful.  It was her boyfriend's birthday party on Saturday, and after 11 years of them dating, he is one of my oldest friends as well.  I was also able to see some of my other great friends who also live in TO.

Saturday afternoon, my business partner Marie and I met with a gentleman who will be able to manufacture our swimwear line!  It was the most important step in my adventure so far, and to be able to walk away feeling confident and more informed felt so great.  I have a few more things I need to knock off before we move ahead to the manufacturing stage, but I am confident it will all come together.  I think Marie and I both felt the meeting was a potential deal breaker and could have been a major snafu had we not felt it had gone well.

Back to Love Day stuff, is this not a scene from every girl's fantasy?


This is a guy who acknowledges the girl is not, in fact, without faults...but that he still finds her wholly perfect WITH those faults, and not DESPITE them.  Man, I love that movie.

There are a lot of romantic comedy films that incorporate the "grand gesture" scene...the speech in front of a thousand spectators, the national TV confession, the workplace disruption, the smashing of many glass objects at the restaurant, etc, etc.

I am here to say on behalf of many women (I would never dare to say all), we don't want it.  The idea of a guy proposing on a jumbotron screen at a Sens game makes me want to be ill.  Mostly because I couldn't give a flying F--- about the Sens, but also because I think the moment needs a certain level of intimacy. 

I think on Valentine's Day, all a girl wants is to feel like her guy knows who she is and does justice to the unique relationship that they have.  I don't think that it requires an expensive night out either...just a bit of thought.  So don't freak out, just remember the things you love about that person and the right plan will come easily.

xo Amber


1 comment:

  1. Amen sister! And really great outfit - I love the Love ring. Hope your V-Day was intimately romantic, in the way that those ideas make sense for who you are.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete