Sunday, June 12, 2011

Dressed in Yellow, She Said Hello

Hello!

For whatever reason, this season I have been seriously hooked on the colour yellow.  I believe it actually began last year when I bought a pair of yellow skinny jeans at a stoop sale held by Ashley McConnell of DareToUnravel blog.  I call them my Banana Pants and I'm telling you, those jeans are a conversation piece!  Now, I'm freaking over every yellow garment I see.  This past Wednesday, I went shopping with my girlfriend Erica and I somehow picked up two (2) yellow skirts.  Sure, they're completely different in style...however, really?  Two yellow skirts?  I still have yet to pick up basic tank tops for this season.  Had them literally in my hand and put them down...likely distracted by something yellow.  The first skirt I wore Wednesday night for the Rihanna concert, and I bought it at Club Monaco on sale, further discounted at the counter and totally perfect for the occasion.

This isn't me.

In real life, it's actually a bright neon yellow, and it's made from a light cotton and gathered at the waist for extra fullness.  I wore it with a neon pink tank top and looked essentially like a pack of hi-liters, but I loved it.  So did RiRi who also loves yellow...in fact she wore a fabulous yellow dress during her set that obvi I loved.

The second skirt I wore Saturday night to the Richard Robinson year-end fashion show and it's a primary yellow colour, extremely well-fitted and bought at Zara.

This also isn't me.
Hard to see them, but there are fun pockets on this skirt, and interesting seams that add detail and polish.

I planned a full-out colour blocking session with my getup...ch-ch-check it out!  (Side note:  I really suck at seriously putting effort into taking pics of my ensembles.  For some reason, the thought of taking out a camera, getting creative with the light, angle and pose and then uploading them to my comp makes me want to lie down and take a nap....so this is what you get instead.  Ya, BlackBerry.)


Shirt and skirt from Zara, shoes and necklace from Aldo, clutch from Winners and ring gifted.  Yellow nail polish by OPI, colour "Need Sunglasses?"
Just wanted to show the LOVE...ring.

Sorry for the blurred image...me and a fire hydrant-barely distinguishable from each other.  Not entirely sure why I felt it necessary to cross my arms like that...also, my left ankle looks like it's on its death bed.
I had a super fabulous night with Erica and our friend Rikki joined us after the show for a girls night out.  Late-night pizza ended it all perfectly...mmmmm!

Before I wrap up, did you happen to hear that chicshop.ca is no longer?  Sad, but true...but the good news is there is a blow-out liquidation sale!  I bought a vintage 1970s dress for an upcoming wedding called Sunny Vegas, which in itself gets me all smiley thinking about being in Vegas...then tack on a 50% sale and I might as well have been told I won the lottery!  I have chronic sale-itis from my mother, who is known to buy (seriously) 4 shower curtains and 3 mega jugs of shampoo if the price is right-regardless of the fact that she lives on her own and it will take the rest of her life to go through that much shampers.  Anyway, I double dog dare you to take a wild stab at the colour of my Sunny Vegas dress.  Chya.  Olllld Yeller.  Or I suppose in this case New Yeller.  I'll get a pic of me in it for your viewing pleasure...maybe I will go nuts and actually use a real camera too.  MAYBE.

Take care and be happy!  If you're not, I highly suggest wearing something yellow.

xo Amber

5 comments:

  1. I have that skirt!!! I loveeee it!! yay! Yellow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty outfit. I am a fan of yellow as well. Even love to accentuate my apartment with yellow touches, such a yellow roses. It brings the sunshine right in ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, the hydrant photo is a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look awesome in that yellow! and haha I totally bought some stuff from Chicshop last night too

    ReplyDelete
  5. You crack me up. I'm so glad those pants went to a lovely owner such as yourself. Word to the wise: I have another stoop sale happening in a few weeks, even bigger and better than last year.

    And I agree with @katems, the hydrant photo is a thing of beauty.

    ReplyDelete