Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Last Resort (Fave 2011 looks)

Before I get started, this month's issue of Ottawa's Faces Magazine features a Women's Summer Styles segment written by yours truly!  Go to page 9 to check it out, or better yet pick up a copy!

This past week is a total blur.  I vaguely remember everything I squeezed in, including pattern-making with my girlfriend who is kind enough to take me on as her pupil, a fitting with the patterns we have made so far (it went SUPER well, I am happy to report), plus I have been working quite a bit at my serving gig.  I met with my financial advisor as well, and we made a plan for the next few months.  So, things are moving forward!  I need to take a trip to TO soon to shop for fabric and once that is done, all that is left is to send the fabric and the patterns to the manufacturer and wait patiently for the sample collection they produce!

I have been loving all the free time I have during the day to work on my collection, sketching on patios with a delicious beverage and biking around the city going to various appointments.  AND I don't even need my minimum two coffees a day to get through it.  In fact, I had done a "cleanse" with my two girlfriends where we had to completely cut caffeine (along with several other delicious items) out of our diets for three weeks.  It is for this reason that I found myself completely incapable of sleep after consuming a latte at 6pm Thursday evening.  The next day I had a full day of pattern-making to do as well...so at "about 4:30am I gave up on the possibility of any slumber, got up and started my day.  I felt like Carrie in the episode "They Shoot Single People, Don't They?"  when she decides that in order to not look like she's been up all night, she needed to just stay up all night....and we all know how that turned out:


Anyway, at least I didn't have a photo shoot the next day.  I powered through, and thanks to being up so early  I had a SERIOUSLY uncharacteristically productive morning, cutting out a pattern, doing a hot yoga class, doing a blog post (not my best, but give me a break), etc.  All before I had to be downtown at 10am.  Now I know how hugely successful women do it all...they don't sleep.  Which is why I will settle for moderately successful and not be a troll.

On to the real theme of my post:  my favourite Resort 2011 looks!  (all photos from style.com)

Lela Rose
Romantic fabrics and defined waists caught my eye in this collection.
I love the pattern and the shape of the shoulders on this dress.
I would feel like a sugarplum fairy in this dress!

Rachel Roy
Simple, flattering lines and colour blocking makes this collection both wearable and versatile.

Loving orange this season

Feminine, elegant and easy to mix and match.
Carlos Miele
On one hand, the obvious 70s inspiration isn't exactly innovative, but on the other hand I really would wear these looks.  Plus, the latter portion of the collection without the same vibe aren't nearly as strong.


I can so see myself wearing this...then spilling drinks on it and tripping on the excessive fabric.  Still love it though!


Donna Karan
I had to include this dress from the DK collection because it reminds me so much of the red dress from Zara I had posted about a few months ago for my Holiday 2010 post.  I love this so much!




Burberry Prorsum
I had a difficult time choosing only 2 pictures of this collection, it was all so good.  The twists on the classic (and impeccably tailored) trench were breathtaking.  Also, please note the shoes...gah!

Hey Chelsy Davey-this is how you wear turquoise.

Denim on denim-my Canadian legacy.

Diane von Furstenberg
Oh DVF, I love you so.  I really enjoyed this youthful, upbeat collection beaucoup!

Rarely do I love a dropped waist, but wow is this ever fabulous!  Head to toe WANT!

You could almost wear this to the office.  ALMOST.  I would maybe use one more button.

Michael Kors
 Part Bond girl, part gilded Greek goddess, part 90s scuba (but without the big hair) and all done using MK's signature figure-flattering lines.
Love the gold straps!

Um, hi...please be mine.  I feel like I would slip this on and literally walk into Miami Vice.

Interesting tan lines, but perfect when you need to go from surfing to cave repelling.
 Marc Jacobs
YES, I love this look so much!!  I'd wear this everywhere.  MJ, you've done it again!



Thus concludes my post.  Sorry it was kind of long, but I had a lot to say today!  

So, the question is:  Which look do you want to pack into your over-packed closet?

xo Amber

2 comments:

  1. I want the Burberry Prorsum in my closet. My new HUGE closet haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the burberry collection is amazing, ohh if only I can afford that stuff!

    ReplyDelete