Friday, June 17, 2011

Richard Robinson Grande Premiere 2011

Hello!

Last Saturday was the Richard Robinson annual end of the year fashion show.  The students were able to show off their hard work and I was able to sit in the audience and just enjoy the show instead of being backstage!

Here are some photos from the event of my favourite pieces and collections:

Stephanie Ross

I absolutely died (pun intended) over this collection.  I loved the entire concept with blood-splattered brides.  It reminded me of a combination of Kill Bill, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the movie) and of one of my ultimate fave flicks, American Psycho.  Particularly the part where he brings his bloody sheets into the dry cleaner's, hahaha.
Photo:  Richard Tardif
Photo:  Tina Picard

Photo:  Tina Picard


Photo:  Tina Picard

Photo:  Tina Picard

And a few other designs that I enjoyed:
(all photos by Tina Picard)
Lidia Beausoleil



Rebecca Knox



Yesha Raval



Francine Lavack


France Renee Miron



Lily Cunha




Although I was not a fan of all the clothing shown on Saturday, I acknowledge the work that goes into the design and production as well as the techniques used to create them.  I know I have a lot to learn and after seeing the Richard Robinson show, I realise I do need to look into a few courses in the future to improve my skills and know-how.

Tomorrow is my final fitting for my pattern-making, then we need to grade the size 4 patterns up and down to create different sizes and from there make the patterns in a more durable material so that the manufacturer can use them for production.  Baby steps, but I'm making progress!

Stay tuned :)

xo Amber

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie's collection was my favourite as well, she should have won designer of the year I think!!

    ReplyDelete