Friday, January 14, 2011

Know thy strengths; accept thy weaknesses

So last night after work I figured I would attempt to tackle one of my new year's resolutions involving cooking and/or baking.  More specifically, learn to stop burning everything I prepare, understand the uses of spices and which ones to use when, and master the ability to make new dishes rather than recycling the same three I know how to make.  I figured I should start super easy, and being that I was two beers in after work, I figured I should start even easier...so I picked up some spicy olives, a baguette and some chicken breasts.  I had salad stuff at home already.  C'est facile, non?  Bien, oui!
Got home, preheated the oven and began to cut the baguette...............


Ahem.
Yeah.

Going to stick to sewing, I think.

Now looking for a sign I should trade in my "stop shopping so damn much" resolution.  Anything?
EFFFFFF.

xo Amber

3 comments:

  1. lol! ah ..amber! I love you! lol
    Doing my cover story on you! its like E true hollywood story : Amber watkins !
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww sorry to hear! so weird because I burnt my hand earlier this week too! Hope to see you soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. frig! those serrated knives are THE WORST. it's not time to give up on that cooking resolution yet though - know thy weaknesses and wrestle with them, right? right!

    ReplyDelete