Monday, January 17, 2011

What I wore: Saturday night


I went to the Sexapalooza trade show on Saturday night.  I gave it a solid 6.5/10.  Great concept, poor execution.  I'm surprised at how cheaply made and unimaginative the clothing was.  This is an industry that is apparently booming, but for some reason the people who design and manufacture the items that are meant to make people look sexy somehow drop the proverbial ball and I just don't understand how.  The black rubber outfits were actually the best made and most fashionable ones there-not to mention waterproof- BONUS!  Anyway, it was still something new to do on a Saturday in snowy Ottawa. 

I joked that I was going to wear a body-covering sack just to stand out but this is what I actually wore:





T-shirt: Zara, pants: Urban Outfitters, sweater: H&M, shoes:  Steve Madden, necklace and ring: Aldo, watch: Michael Kors, purple bandage:  BandAid and I made the coat (re-used fur from Value Village find yay!).



Note the unused spice rack in the back...you know, just for show.

xo Amber

2 comments:

  1. love your outfit! and yeah I know what you mean by the cheap material of the sex shop stuff. Same as halloween outfits! cheap polyster and they charge like $20 for a pair of thongs. I can buy 3 for $10 better quality ones at La Senza thank you very much

    ReplyDelete