Friday, January 28, 2011

Good things come to those who wear awesome hats

Remember this hat?

 
Hat from Young Janes, coat from Simons, sunglasses: Ray Ban

 
 I posted about it back in November when I was putting together a list of things to like about winter in Ottawa.  I haven't worn it much this season...in fact, I think I have worn it only once before, despite how excited I was to do so when the winter season began.  I think I just felt that with my fur trimmed hood, that wearing a fur hat seemed excessive.  Slightly.  Like I would be trying to make a statement that was beyond stylish...more like "LOOK AT ALL MY FUR!  I AM A FUR ENTHUSIAST, CAN YOU TELL, WORLD?  DO YOU SEE ALL THIS FUR THAT I OWN AND WEAR ALL AT ONCE?  SEE MY VEST?  MADE WITH REAL GORILLA CHEST!" and then I would risk being thrown over some one's shoulder and worn like a mink stole like in Ace Ventura 2.  With all this - infinity Celsius weather we've been having, I've been pretty strictly wearing the parka to walk to and from work, etc.  Today's balmy -5 C allowed me to wear my black pea coat instead and as a pick-me-up I wore my fun heart-printed tights and then threw on my fuzzy wuzzy hat too.

I arrived at work and went to a "breakfast meeting" with a group of assistants.  It turns out that a newspaper is doing a little piece on Parliament Hill staff members.  The photographer saw my hat when I came in and before I knew it, I was chosen as one of the featured individuals and was photographed with an interview to follow in a few days.  Just goes to show that it pays to stand out.  And wear vintage fur-part of the three R's people!  I'll post the article when it has been published, even though it technically has nothing to do with fashion, I'd like to think the hat made the sell on this one.

THEN, I returned to my office to check my email and get to work, and an online magazine has asked for an interview as well-this time as a feature on my fashion designs!  So fun!  I'll post that as well when it is finished and published on their site. 

What a great Friday!  Going to meet some girls tonight and celebrate.  Maybe I'll wear the hat.  Or my gorilla chest vest.  Kidding!  I'd overheat in that thing.

Have a great weekend everyone!

xo Amber







1 comment:

  1. yay!! awesome news! can't wait to read the articles (and it was totes the hat. they just *are* so great).

    ReplyDelete