Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Batman vs Superman

Intrigued?  Good.  I hooked you.  In my humble opinion, Batman is just better....no real reason.  I just love the character better-especially that he is really just a human with awesome gadgets and vehicles.  I like his outfit better-classic black rubber.  I like the brooding, dark world that is Gotham and I love what both Tim Burton and Christopher Nolan did with the movies (and I do my best to forget the atrocity that was Batman & Robin, henceforth to be referred to as "the one that shall not be named"...damn you Schumacher).  The villains are better.  The men who have played Batman are better actors and generally hotter than the ones who have played Superman.  Bruce Wayne is just as cool as Batman, not some clumsy fool with no confidence.  But that's just my view!  I mean, Superman has his own huge cheering section for a reason.  He's a good guy with some inarguable talent...but Lois can have him.


On Batman: black rubber body suit and mask with chest and ab outline and nylon cape, both DIY; accessories: steel
On Superman: Body-con indestructible suit cape, DIY by Kents from indestructible blanket (Superman cut it with his heat vision) he had when his capsule crashed into Earth;hair gel: Indestructible hold Dep

The title of this post is somewhat nonsensical....why would we pit two superheroes against one another in any good plot?  Well, I feel the same way about fashion.  It's a situation that can only be solved by individual taste. 

The following are some fashion match ups with my personal "winner"

Animal Print:

Leopard vs. Zebra:  Leopard.  Hands down...or should I say paws down?  I have loved the print for many, many years...and have thus accrued quite a few spotted items:  rubber boots, 2 scarves, 3 shirts, a dress, tights, and a onesie.

Heel:

Kitten vs. High: the higher, the better...especially with a hidden platform to absorb some of the pressure.  I just love the way high heels make me feel...powerful, feminine and seductive.  Until I go down hard on concrete...

Wedge vs. Stiletto:  I am just loving the wedges, specifically for spring/summer.  I somehow have collected 4 pairs.  They look amazing with dresses, shorts, and ankle grazing pants.  I feel like I'm on stilts and they are so deceivingly comfortable!

Inspiration:

Runway vs. Street Style:  Street!  I think the reason why Tommy Ton is such a genius is because he can spot people who have that ability to look effortlessly chic - uptown, downtown, workwear, streetwear.  I want everything they are wearing and yet it's not listed out for me for where to buy.  I can't get that excited over runway looks, I don't know why.  (Side note:  I impulsively added TT on FB and he either gets a gajillion friend requests a day and can't keep up or just outright ignored it...sigh.)

Shopping:

Mall vs. Boutique:  Ooh, now we're getting down to the nitty gritty.  Both really are great depending on how you feel, but I promised to choose my own winner in each section, so I'm going with boutique.  I really do love that feeling of getting something so unique, that nobody else (or limited numbers) has.  Especially if I got a steal of a deal!  There's nothing more satisfying than being able to tell someone else you got your dress for $15 and no, there are no others like it...SORRY.  Insert wide-eyed apologetic look with internal smug dial right at max.

Brand new vs. Vintage:  Anyone who knows me knows I prefer the latter.  It goes with the section directly above.  I can't get enough of one-of-a-kinds.  I stopped at my fave vintage shop, Memory Lane in Marmora on Hwy 7, while driving to Peterborough this weekend.  It's my favourite because the lady  has no clue how much she should be charging for the items she has...and although you need to fend her off as she shadow-shops over your shoulder, commenting on EVERY ITEM YOU TOUCH, I do appreciate her obvious love for all things vintage.  I never leave empty handed and this time was no exception.  I bought two purses, a navy cape (huge grin, seal clap) and a hilarious lavender coloured one-piece straight out of 1987 Street Legal complete with shoulder pads.  Thinking I'll convert it into a dress just for wearability's sake.  Oh, but it's good!  And guess how much all of that was?  $46.  Ya.  I'm not even going to sugar coat my smugness.

Think I'll end this here...there are just so many endless match-ups.  This could last for days and I need to rip myself away from this computer and have a drink.  Bruce Wayne would.

xo Amber









2 comments:

  1. I NEED to visit this vintage store you speak of... sounds too good to be true!

    ReplyDelete