Thursday, November 4, 2010

Cheer up, look down!

Today I woke up to the intrusive sound of my phone alarm and the thought of getting up and having to go to work today seemed about as exciting as the inside of my fridge-a solid 2/10.  So, I decided the only way to get over it and crawl out of my dark hole that so many 9-5ers face every morning, was to wear something that made me less crank-tastic.  And behold:

tights- H&M (man, I've plugged those guys a lot lately, wow), shoes-Steve Madden from Winners

Don't worry, I'm wearing clothing too. 

I find at my job there's not very much excitement in the way of style.  I can count on one hand the people I see on a regular basis who look like they've put any thought into what they're wearing.  Most throw on the black suit, often ill-fitting and treat their work clothes like a uniform.  I can appreciate that...it's easy, there's no thinking involved (and as a non-morning person, I truly understand).  I just think the work day can be sterile and bland enough....why not shake things up a little?  Honestly, all it takes to take your average outfit and make it into a memorable look is one single addition:  Shoes, jewellery, headband...or my favourite-a fun pair of tights!

I'm still not the happiest camper as I stare begrudgingly at my screen, but the tights have helped.  Every time I look down, I smile. I know that sounds superficial...but honestly it's the small things in life that can bring happiness.  Now if I could just get my hands on a tea latte without having to leave the building...

xo Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment